Ideal for Audiology professionals currently performing earwax removal regularly and wishing to revalidate their current knowledge and skills, and those already trained in wax removal returning from a career break.
01 February1 day, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Share best practice in aural care (wax removal) and patient-centred care
- Recognise any updates or changes in best practice guidance
- Describe own scope of practice for aural care and recognise when to refer on
- Compare, contrast and analyse current and newly available equipment and cerumenolytics
- Demonstrate aural care techniques (microsuction, irrigation and instrumentation) based on current recognised professional best practice guidance
- Reflect on any changes in the issues of consent, documentation and further ear care management
1) Delegates must be experienced in Otoscopy and currently performing it in practice. Delegates who do not meet this criteria will be invited to attend the Ear Examination (Otoscopy) course first.
2) Delegates must be working in the field of Audiology as a Registered Audiologist or under the supervision of a Registered Audiologist, or in a related medical role e.g. ENT or practice nurse.
|Assessing and Fitting Musicians||12 Dec|
|Ear Examination (Otoscopy) Course||07 Dec|
|Earway Pro Training||16 Jan 24|
|Aural Impression Course||11 Dec|