Intensive course providing theory, practice and supervised practical with real patients. Delegate numbers are kept very small and training can be offered for use with Loupes or Microscopes
13 December2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
10 January2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
24 January2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
07 February2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
06 March2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
20 March2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
27 March2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss ear anatomy, physiology and common ear conditions in relation to aural care
- Describe own scope of practice for aural care and recognise when to refer on
- Compare and contrast equipment, principles, and contraindications for each procedure
- Evaluate the relative effectiveness of cerumenolytics
- Safely perform aural care techniques - microsuction, irrigation and instrumentation - based on current recognised professional best practice guidance
- Reflect on the areas of consent, documentation and further ear care management
- Where appropriate, following the course, a log book will be provided for supervision by an Audiologist who has received training in ear care
- Our course is approved by "The CPD Certification Service" a national independent assessor of quality for CPD courses used by the NHS and various universities.
1) Delegates must be experienced in Otoscopy and currently performing it in practice. Delegates who do not meet this criteria will be invited to attend the Ear Examination (Otoscopy) course first.
2) Delegates must be working in the field of Audiology as a Registered Audiologist or under the supervision of a Registered Audiologist, or in a related medical role e.g. ENT or practice nurse.
|Ear Wax Removal Refresher - Theory & Practice||01 Feb 24|
|Working with Challenging Hearing Loss||26 Jan 24|
|Ear Examination (Otoscopy) Course||07 Dec|
|REM, Speech Tests and Outcome Measures Course||21 Nov 24|